Aqua C. Nixon

Aqua C. Nixon

Friday, January 18, 2013

All the Single Ladies...

I was having a conversation with a group of women, most of whom are married. And a friend who is single (with no kids) asked, "How do you do it?"  She went on to say, "I care for my sister's children while she's at work and when she gets home everyday, I am exhausted.  How do you take care of your kids, husband, work and everything else you have to do. I wouldn't have the energy."

Most of us agreed that, "You just do what you have to do."  And that we get a lot of help from our husbands as well. Yes, there is school, homework, soccer, football, basketball, band, dance class, plays, etc. Not to mention work, church, social events...the list goes on & on. And yes, we are bone tired, sleepy, & stressed out.  But it has to be done so we do it.

Then the conversation changed when someone said, "The women who really have it hard are single mothers."  We all said we don't know how how they do it. Although, I'm sure they would say the same thing we did, "You do what you have to do."

As women, we don't encourage each other as much as we should. We need to acknowledge & appreciate just how strong we really are. So to all you responsible single mothers out there who are "holding it down" for your family, this may not mean much coming from me but... I Salute You! Give yourselves a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment