Aqua C. Nixon

Aqua C. Nixon

Monday, January 7, 2013

HOT TOPIC: "Kimye"


Okay, by now the world knows that Kim Kardashian & Kanye West are expecting a baby.  What I don't understand is why so many people are outraged, disappointed or hurt.  What's new or different about their situation?  A lot of celebrity couples have children out of wedlock and Kim is not the first to "hook up" with someone else before the divorce is final.  Isn't this normal behavior for this crowd? What did we (as a society) expect?  Did we really think these two were going to have a traditional relationship?

When everybody's talking about things like this in the public airwaves, I use it as an opportunity to teach my girls what not to do.  My oldest is in Jr. High now, and we usually talk about what's going on in the world (thank God she listens to me).  I try not to shy away from any subject because I want her to get her  information from me instead of friends who don't know what they're talking about.  We also talk a lot about being able to respect someone's talent without condoning their behavior.  If we judged artists, musicians, singers, athletes, etc... by the way they conducted their lives, we couldn't like 99% of the entertainers in the history of ever.

I guess what it all boils down to is this: I couldn't care less what Kim & Kanye do.  The truth is, I'm going to go back to not watching Kim's show and when Kanye drops another hit everybody's going to forget about this anyway. SMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment